Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tis Good

Days like today make life worth living. Dad called after church and said he and mom were going on a drive and asked if I wanted to go along. I told him to come pick me up. He lost one of his oldest and dearest friends this week and was having a hard time. He felt a drive would help. We drove towards Heber and then turned back towards Snowflake. When we turned towards Claysprings dad started telling stories. He talked about deer hunting, hauling hay, and just the places around that area. We went to visit Jefer and Jamie but did not overstay our visit. Dad is not one to wear out his welcome. We decided to take the Burton Road back across. He told of the time that Uncle Rog had roped a deer and tied it to a tree and how they got out of that predicament. He then talked about his job herding turkey's. His mom looked out and he was eating his lunch at 8:00. We had a good laugh. We then stopped at the Carlisle residence and visited for a spell. It was a good day for reminiscing. Dad pointed out many of the places he lived. I treasure these times I get to spend with him. He is such a good man and I love him for the wonderful person he is.

2 comments:

J+C+4=FUN said...

Thank you for writing that. I feel like I don't and have never seen that side of him. I know he has it in him and it is nice to hear about that side of him. I enjoy learning new things about the people in our lives that we really do not know about but see quite often. That's the wonderful things about blogs. Thanks for sharing.

Tamra and Jim said...

Sounds like a fun and enjoyable day. Those are the times we cherish, right?